Welcome to JUKEBOX music reviews!

4.25.2014

“Gitchee Gitchee Goo” by Ashley Tisdale

Candace and Phineas performing "Gitchee Gitchee Goo" on stage
Hi everybody!  Its Kimberly here for my ninth post for the genre Childrens Music.

If any of you have been reading my reviews, you may have noticed that I am usually pretty strict when it comes to the song’s lyrics.  However, I’m changing it up this week with a song whose lyrics are supposed to be nonsense.  Some of you may know this song because if you’re anything like me, you had at least one classmate who felt the need to sing this nonsensical song at school.  The song that I’m talking about is in fact “Gitchee Gitchee Goo” from Disney Channel’s Phineas and Ferb.  (Poor spellcheck, you’re so confused right now.)

Phineas and Ferb isn’t what I would call a popular Disney Channel series in the sense that it’s not a show that everyone watches like Kim Possible in its heyday so I just wanted to give a brief overview of the show before I talk about the particular episode that “Gitchee Gitchee Goo” appears in.  The title characters are brothers who seek to do crazy, over-the-top things to make sure that they make the most of their summer vacation.  The main premise of the show is that Candace, Phineas’s older sister, is trying her best to “bust” her brothers by showing her mom that Phineas and Ferb are doing strange and dangerous things without her permission.

In the episode punnily titled, “Flop Starz,” Phineas and Ferb create a band called Phineas and the Ferb Tones, or PFT.  For their daily, crazy summer activity they decide to become one-hit wonders.  They then write “Gitchee Gitchee Goo” (which I’ve also seen as “Gitchi Gitchi Goo”) and the song itself is kind of a spoof on modern pop music.  People could criticize some pop music as being songs that lack meaningful lyrics and attempt to make up for the lack of originality through catchy (if not similar sounding) melodies.  I like how the songwriters for Phineas and Ferb tried to put a twist to the common pop song by making up lyrics that have absolutely no meaning.   I feel like that they certainly succeeded by composing a catchy melody.  I’m giving “Gitchee Gitchee Goo” 3 stars because it’s enjoyable to sing along to (once you learn the made-up lyrics), but like most cookie cutter pop songs it doesn’t seem like it’s going to stand the test of time.

I hope you enjoyed this light-hearted review of “Gitchee Gitchee Goo” and I just wanted to send a sincere thanks for your support! J

Below is the the “Gitchee Gitchee Goo” music video.


Here is another strange, yet catchy song from Phineas and Ferb called, “You Snuck Your Way Right Into My Heart.” (Who doesn’t love a song that has the lyrics, “Like a ninja of love?”)


Rating: 3 RECORDS







Information: AZLyrics, IMDB , Wikipedia 



No comments:

Post a Comment