Welcome to JUKEBOX music reviews!

5.16.2014

“Introducing Me” by Nick Jonas

Nate singing "Introducing Me" to Dana
Hi everybody!  Its Kimberly here for my twelfth post for the genre Childrens Music.

Summer love is a common theme when it comes to movies, television shows, and even songs.  If you happened to read my post last week, I reviewed “Gotta Find You” from Camp Rock.  “Gotta Find You” was sung by Joe Jonas’s character Shane to his love interest Mitchie.  I’m going to parallel last week’s review by reviewing “Introducing Me” which was sang by Nick Jonas’s character Nate in the Disney Channel Original Movie Camp Rock 2.

Camp Rock 2 premiered on the Disney Channel in 2010.  This time around Camp Rock has a new rival in the form of Camp Star.  Nate, played by Nick Jonas, ends up liking a girl from Camp Star named Dana, which makes their relationship forbidden like Romeo and Juliet.  Things get more complicated because Dana is the daughter of the founder of Camp Star and Nate is a nephew of the founder of Camp Rock.  Despite obstacles standing in their way, Nate seeks to be close to Dana by doing things like creepily staring at her using binoculars or riding a canoe.  Nate is unable to tell Dana how he feels, but nevertheless Dana becomes smitten and even writes his name on her wrist.  However, as time goes on Dana gets frustrated with Nate’s inability to express his feelings.  Like a true band member, Nate decides that the best way for him to express his feelings to Dana is by writing her a song.

“Introducing Me” is the song that Nate writes for Dana.  It’s a cutesy love song that relies on quirky lyrics like “I eat cheese, but only on pizza please.” In the movie, Dana gets called for rehearsals, so Nate ends up having to speed sing his song.  That’s why you’ll hear the pace of the song speed up after the first chorus.  When the song was first released in 2010, many people compared it to Jason Mraz’s “I’m Yours,” so Jason Mraz listened to it and called “Introducing Me” a “horror of a tune.”  Although I will admit “Introducing Me” has a melody that is quite similar to “I’m Yours,” that might not necessarily be a bad thing.  “I’m Yours” remains a popular song to this day even though it was released many years ago.  The lyrics and melody of “Introducing Me” aren’t nearly as memorable those of “I’m Yours,” but it’s still a fun song to listen to.  Therefore, I’m giving “Introducing Me” the average 3 records.

I hope you enjoyed my review of “Introducing Me” and until next time, have a wonderful week!  J

Below is the “Introducing Me” scene from Camp Rock 2 with lyrics.


Here is “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz, so you can compare it to “Introducing Me”



Rating: 3 RECORDS






Information:  AZLyrics, MTV

No comments:

Post a Comment