Welcome to JUKEBOX music reviews!

6.16.2014

Arctic Monkeys - A Concert Review

Hey guys, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I'm posting because of a very special circumstance that happened to  me last Wednesday. I was checking my email that morning and found out I won two tickets to go see Arctic Monkeys at the iHeartRadio Theatre in Burbank!

So of course I went that night with my friend, Natalie, and I had a really great time! I even met some new friends. It's secretly my favorite thing to do, meeting people at concerts. People with the same taste in music always seem to be alike to me in other ways as well. Also, Alex Turner is so adorable live. The band had practically got off the plane that very same day and he was so tired/high/out of it. He was barely making sense. Started talking about sleeping on the floor on couch cushions and how he came from a long line of nappers. It was hilarious! Also, the announcer/interviewer guy was just super fed up with talking to him and didn't get his joking manner and sarcasm at all. All of that plus his heavy Sheffield accent made for an interesting interview.

Seeing them live made me love Arctic Monkeys even more. It's a sad thing to say, but some performers just aren't good live and I'm happy to say Arctic Monkeys proved their talent to me that night. Alex's vocals and guitar were spot on, Jamie backed up Alex well with his guitar, Matt was impressive on the drums, and Nick played well on bass. This band is solid and have a lot of experience so I'm really not surprised. Being in that audience of mostly hardcore fans who I think either won their tickets or were invited (?), I could tell that Arctic Monkeys have such a loyal fan base and I'm proud to be part of it!

Set List
Credits: arcticmonkeys-news.tumblr.com
My Photos
P.S: Alex Turner is way more attractive live.

The set was broadcast live online so watch it!!
Some highlights: 
1. Alex rowing with his guitar. 
2. "I a napper. It's hereditary. Me dad was a napper, his dad was a napper, and I'm a napper meself. Most afternoons if I can." 
3. "Is there anymore ales out there? I'm about ready for one." - During ARABELLA (14:06)
4. Girls screaming as he gets low during ARABELLA
5. 27:11 I BET THAT YOU LOOK GOOD ON THE DANCEFLOOR
6. 31:00 DON'T SIT DOWN 'CAUSE I'VE MOVED YOUR CHAIR
7. 43:55 NO. 1 PARTY ANTHEM
8. 48:09 CORNERSTONE (love this song so much)
9. 52:13 FLUORESCENT ADOLESCENT
10. 56:04 I WANNA BE YOURS (at least as deep as the Pacific Ocean!)
11. 1:00:45 R U MINE?

No comments:

Post a Comment