Welcome to JUKEBOX music reviews!

6.11.2014

"One Sweet Day" Mariah Carey & Boyz || Men Cover by Nick PItera

Nick Pitera, ladies and gentlemen.

Have I got an incredibly talented cover artist for you this week!! I love Nick Pitera, and I hope you will too. I first discovered him when I watched his collab cover with Sam Tsui of "For Good" from Wicked (I'll put that down below).

As you can see from the title, Nick did this song by himself, meaning he sings Mariah Carey's part. Yes, that's right. In fact, that's what he's famous for: singing in both male and female voices. Several of Nick's videos have gone viral, including himself singing "A Whole New World", performing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. He earned a BFA from Ringling College of Art and Design, and works as an animator at Pixar Studios beginning May of 2011. He also released his self-written single, "Better Days" in December 2012.

Let me just say, you should check out all his videos!! I absolutely love the covers in which he sings both voices. This is another cover I wish I could rate higher than five records. I can only imagine how long it took him to make this, so I hope everyone enjoys it :). His vibrato is clear and controlled, trust me, it's a little hard to control it and I've only started developing a stronger vibrato, so I appreciate how controlled and beautiful he makes his sound. I also just love how he can harmonize with himself because I've recently tried to harmonize with myself on a new cover (coming in a month, since it's not my turn yet) and it's hard. At least for me, I find it easier to harmonize with other people. Anyway, enough about stuff I can't do. Let's just focus on how hard it is to sing high notes and that he sings high notes in a woman's range. That, my friend, is talent!! Since I love everything about this cover, I'm not going to go into every little thing I liked.

Here is his music video:


And here he is singing "For Good" with Sam Tsui:



Rating: 5 RECORDS


Photo: Facebook - Nick Pitera
Information: Wikipedia - Nick Pitera

No comments:

Post a Comment