Welcome to JUKEBOX music reviews!

8.15.2014

“I Want a Mom That Will Last Forever” from Rugrats in Paris

Chuckie holding his teddy on the plane ride to Paris
Hi everybody!  It’s Kimberly here for my twenty-sixth post for the genre “Children’s Music.”

Nickelodeon’s Rugrats was one of the most popular cartoons from the 1990s to the early 2000s.  Because of its popularity, Nickelodeon adapted Rugrats into movies.   One of my favorite movies from when I was younger was Rugrats in ParisRugrats in Paris features different songs like the Baja Men’s famous hit “Who Let the Dogs Out” but as far as original songs there aren’t many that are particularly notable.  Today I’ll be reviewing “I Want a Mom That Will Last Forever” which is an original song from Rugrats in Paris.

“I Want a Mom That Will Last Forever” was written by Mark Mothersbaugh and Cyndi Lauper.  Cyndi Lauper is also the singer for the song.   Mark Mothersbaugh has worked on different projects like The Lego Movie and 22 Jump Street.  Cyndi Lauper is a songwriter, but I think most of you would know her for the song “Girls Just Want to Have Fun.”

Rugrats is mainly known for being a light-hearted show, but Rugrats in Paris tackles a more serious subject.  The subject that I’m referring to is the subject that many kids have to face the hardship that results from having to grow up without a mother.  At the beginning of Rugrats in Paris, the rugrats attend a wedding.  At the wedding there is a mother and child dance.  Since Chuckie lost his mother when he was young, he is left alone on the sidelines to watch his friends dance with their mothers. On the flight to Paris, “I Want a Mom That Will Last Forever,” plays.  The song reflects Chuckie’s desire to have a new mother.  The lyrics and melody are very simple, but I think it works in the song’s favor since it’s supposed to reflect the thoughts of a toddler.  The lyrics are heartbreaking because the listener can feel how much Chuckie just wants a new mom to take care of him again.  I admit that the song is quite repetitive, but like I said earlier I think that works for Rugrats in Paris.  I am giving “I Want a Mom That Will Last Forever” 3 records because it seems like it could’ve been written in ten minutes, but I think it does a good job of conveying Chuckie’s thoughts.

Thank you for my reading my review of “I Want a Mom That Will Last Forever” and for checking out JUKEBOX.  J

Here is the scene in the airplane where “I Want a Mom That Will Last Forever” is featured.


Rugrats in Paris music video for “Who Let the Dogs Out” 


Rating: 3 RECORDS









Information:  IMDB
Photo: Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment