Welcome to JUKEBOX music reviews!

3.16.2014

"Skinny Love" Cover

Hey guys, Lia here. So it's my turn to cover a song and I picked "Skinny Love" by Bon Iver, but I did Birdy's rendition because I adore the piano accompaniment she wrote for the song. It took me some time to learn the piano part (I'm quite slow at piano and just instruments in general) and longer to record my singing (I'm still not that satisfied with the vocal part!), but I finally felt (slightly) confident enough to call it done. I personally love this song because of  how Bon Iver sings it, with the visceral emotion of a mending heart, as well as Birdy's voice, a bit listless and tired and unsatisfied with love. But anyway, I hope you guys like it and you should definitely check out Birdy's cover, as well as the original by Bon Iver!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, let me just say that you have a beautiful voice.
    Second, I totally agree with you. Bon Iver's version is spectacular, but I concur that Birdy's piano accompaniment is gorgeous with the lyrics.
    This cover was excellent and I can't wait to hear more from you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, you're so sweet! Let me tell you, we all have so much fun on this blog and to hear that you like it means a lot!

    ReplyDelete