Welcome to JUKEBOX music reviews!

8.29.2014

“I Found A Way” theme song from Drake & Josh


The cast of Drake & Josh
Hi everybody!  It’s Kimberly here for my twenty-eighth post for the genre “Children’s Music.”

Nowadays, the prime distributor of children’s network television has been the Disney Channel.  However, for many people, the television network of their childhood was Nickelodeon.  Nickelodeon has found success in animated shows like The Fairly Odd Parents and SpongeBob Squarepants and situational comedies like iCarly that helped propel actress Miranda Cosgrove to fame.  Today, I will be reviewing the theme song from Drake & Josh, the first show that Cosgrove acted in for Nickelodeon.

It seems to becoming more and more common that actors and actresses, especially those in programs targeted towards pre-teens, are double threats in acting and singing.  Drake Bell is no exception.  Along with getting acting roles, Bell has his own band and record label.  Drake Bell helped co-write “I Found A Way” with Michael Corcoran, a composer who has worked on projects like Liv and Maddie and Victorious.

It has been 10 years since Drake & Josh premiered and 7 years since it ended so let me give a brief overview of the show’s plot.  Drake and Josh become stepbrothers when their parents marry each other.  They have to deal with the perils of adjusting to a new family.  “I Found A Way” is all about how a person thought that life was going to be difficult and complicated but that person “found a way” to simplify life by opening his mind.  The lyrics and idea behind “I Found A Way” are straightforward and the melody is not much different from ordinary, pop-rock songs.  The only memorable parts of the song are the repetition of the song’s title and the line “If you open up your mind,” which leads into the chorus.  I’m giving “I Found A Way” 2 ½ stars because even though there are some lyrics that repeat over and over in one’s head, the song ultimately gets lost in the abundance of kids’ television theme songs of the past.

Thank you for my reading my review of “I Found A Way” and please come back tomorrow for our weekly playlist.  J

Below is the music video for “I Found A Way” featuring Josh Peck.


If you’re a fan of Drake Bell’s music, here’s a video of him playing an acoustic version of “Makes Me Happy.”



Rating: 2 1/2 RECORDS





Information:  IMDB, Wikipedia, AZLyrics
Photo: Earn This

No comments:

Post a Comment