Welcome to JUKEBOX music reviews!

3.19.2014

"All Too Well" Taylor Swift Cover by Against the Current

Against the Current Band Photo

Hello again!! It's Jewel for another review on a cover. This week, I chose to review a cover by Against the Current just because I love this song by Taylor Swift.

Against the Current is a pop/rock band based in Poughkeepsie, New York. Its members are: lead vocalist Christina (better known as Chrissy) Costanza, vocalist and guitarist, Dan Gow, guitarist Jeremy Rompala, bass player Joe Simmons, and drummer Will Ferri. They are managed by Michael Ferri and officially joined YouTube in 2011. They have two original singles available on iTunes, "Thinking" and "Closer, Faster". Their collab cover with Alex Goot of "Good Time" by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen made them more popular. They followed that collab cover with another of "22" by Taylor Swift, working with Alex Goot, Sam Tsui, Kurt Schneider, and King the Kid. I'll put that cover down below as well.

On to my thoughts of this cover. I like the fullness and strength of Chrissy's voice. However, this song needs more emotion and softness because this song is somber and full of regret. I noticed they added effects to her voice and in my opinion, a raw voice suits this song better because it would portray more emotion and bring about a more sincere tone. I think I'm probably just being really picky, but I like the rawness and softness of Taylor Swift's voice in the original. I'm giving this cover four records because I really can't find anything I don't like about it besides how Chrissy's voice is too strong for this song, which is actually very useful in singing other songs.

Here's their cover of "All Too Well" by Taylor Swift


And here's a collab cover by Chrissy and Dan from Against the Current, King the Kid, Alex Goot, Sam Tsui, and Kurt Schneider. It's also a Taylor Swift song, one that everyone who knows me knows I can't stop singing. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!




Rating: 4 RECORDS



Information & Photo: ATC Fan Site

No comments:

Post a Comment